Hempstead, NY - July 8, 2015 - The Nassau County and Hempstead Police Departments in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, the United States Attorney of the Eastern District and the Nassau County District Attorney’s office announce the arrests of multiple defendants in connection with a prolonged and continuing investigation focusing on the abatement of violence, illegal narcotics and gun sales in the Hempstead and Uniondale.
Over the course of the investigation ten (10) subjects have been arrested.
The following individuals were arrested between July 7, 2015 and July 8, 2015.
· Ramel Myriee, 47, of Hempstead – six (6) counts of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree
· Raymond Lopez, 20, of Uniondale – two (2) counts Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance, Criminal; two (2) counts Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree, Criminal Use of a Firearm 2nd Degree and Criminal Sale of a Firearm 3rd Degree
· Jayson Simms-Orr, 22, of Hempstead – Federal narcotics charges
· Richard Blain, 34, of Hempstead – Federal narcotics charges
Additionally the following individuals have been arrested over the course of the investigation:
· Andre Chandler, 31, of Hempstead – Federal narcotics and firearms charges
· Donovan Joseph, 24, of Hempstead – Federal narcotics charges
· Ramel Floyd, 27, of Hempstead - Federal narcotics charges
· Curel Patterson, 29, of Hempstead – Assault 3rd Degree and Gang Assault 1st Degree
· Curtis Bostic, 23, of Hempstead – Gang Assault 1st Degree, Assault 3rd Degree, Menacing 2nd Degree and Possession of a Dangerous Weapon
· Jarrette Anderson, 20, of Hempstead – two (2) counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon, Menacing a Police Officer and Criminal Possession of a Weapon
The investigation is ongoing.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding these crimes to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.