Albany, NY - May 29, 2013 - Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced free concerts at the Great New York State Fair’s Chevy Court stage this summer.
“The Great New York State Fair is one of the most exciting events each year, offering music, food and activities for families from across the state to enjoy,” Governor Cuomo said. “This year’s entertainment includes free concerts for fans of all music genres, and I encourage New Yorkers to visit and take advantage of these performances. There is no better way to end the summer than right here at the Fair in Central New York.”
The acts being announced today form only part of the final lineup of as many as 24 acts that will perform during the twice-daily free shows at Chevy Court. They are:
- Funk and soul masters George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, performing at 8 p.m., on Friday, August 23;
- Classic rock band Styx, performing at 8 p.m. on Sunday, August 25;
- Country superstar Vince Gill, performing at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, August 28;
- Rock band OAR (Of A Revolution), performing at 8 p.m., Saturday, August 31;
- Legendary rock guitarist Dickey Betts, from The Allman Brothers Band, performing at 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 1, and;
- The Happy Together Tour of oldies artists The Turtles, Chuck Negron (Three Dog Night), Mark Lindsay (Paul Revere & The Raiders) and Gary Lewis, performing at 8 p.m. on Sunday, September 1.
More performers for Chevy Court will be announced at a later date. In addition, the Fair has already announced six performances for its Grandstand concert series. The performers include Luke Bryan, Jeff Dunham, Toby Keith, Reba, Carly Rae Jepsen and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Chevy Court concerts are free with your Fair admission ticket to the Great New York State Fair.
“The acts we’re announcing today demonstrate our effort to provide something for every taste. From rock to pop to country, and from modern music to oldies, you’ll find a performance to enjoy at Chevy Court this year. And you can’t beat the price,” said Darrel J. Aubertine, New York State Commissioner of Agriculture and Markets.
The New York State Fair runs from August 22 – September 2, 2013. The Fair’s theme is “Sharing the Bounty and Pride of New York.”
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook or follow NYS Fair on Twitter. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas on the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.