Yaphank, NY - April 11, 2015 - Suffolk County Police responded to an industrial accident during which three people saved a coworker’s life after he was electrocuted at a Yaphank business this morning.
A 47-year-old man was electrocuted when he attempted to repair a machine at Hi-Temp Specialty Metals, located at 355 Patchogue Yaphank Road at 9:45 a.m. The man appeared to have stopped breathing and three coworkers, John Stanislaw, Manju Mathew and Joe Smokovich, performed CPR and utilized an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). The man was revived and Yaphank Fire Department transported the man in stable condition to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) was notified.