Ronkonkoma, NY - March 25, 2015 - Suffolk County Police Fifth Squad detectives have arrested nine high school students involved in a physical altercation that occurred in Ronkonkoma earlier this month.
On Saturday, March 7, a group of Connetquot High School students got into a fight on Remington Avenue at approximately 3 p.m. A 15-year-old male suffered a broken jaw during the altercation which was videotaped by a bystander.
Four of the students arrested are being charged as juveniles and will appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following five individuals were also arrested in connection with the altercation and were arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip:
- Carl Knight, 17, of Ronkonkoma, was charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th Degree, two counts of Menacing 2nd Degree, Unlawful Assembly, Disorderly Conduct and Harassment.
- Justin Altiery-Deabreau, 16, of Ronkonkoma, was charged with Assault 3rd Degree, Unlawful Assembly and Disorderly Conduct.
- Charles Loomis, 16, of Bohemia, was charged with Assault 3rd Degree, Unlawful Assembly and Disorderly Conduct.
- Luis Alvarado, 18, of Ronkonkoma, was charged with Reckless Endangerment 2nd Degree, Unlawful Assembly, Disorderly Conduct and Harassment 2nd Degree.
- Joseph Raimondi, 16, of Oakdale, was charged with Unlawful Assembly and Disorderly Conduct.
The investigation is continuing.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.