Huntington Station, NY - March 5th, 2016 - Suffolk County Police have arrested three people after they sold alcohol to minors at several businesses in Huntington Station last night.
Second Precinct Crime Section officers and Community Support Unit officers conducted an underage alcohol sting operation at ten businesses on March 4 between approximately 8 p.m. and 12 a.m.
Some businesses were chosen in response to community complaints while others were randomly selected. Three of the businesses were found to be in violation of the law.
The following were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree for selling alcohol to a minor:
Donis Rodriguez, 37, employed by Los Cercadillos Grocery, located at 184 Depot Road, Huntington Station.
Rehmen Qureshi, 41, employed by the One Stop Deli, 150 W. Pulaski Road, Huntington Station.
- Angel Galloza, 22, employed by Papa Ningo Deli, 1888 New York Ave., Huntington Station. Galloza was also charged with violating the New York State ABC law for permitting on-premise consumption of alcohol without an appropriate permit.
All three were issued a Field Appearance Ticket and scheduled for arraignment at a later date.
The following seven businesses were in compliance:Compruebe Deli and Grocery, 1415 New York Ave., Huntington Station.
- Mishael Grocery Corp., 1415 New York Ave., Huntington Station.
- Yary’s Deli, 74B E. Pulaski Road, Huntington Station.
- Jenny’s Deli, 1044 New York Ave., Huntington Station.
- The Grog Shop, 185 Depot Road, Huntington Station.
- Citgo Groceries, 1181 New York Ave., Huntington Station.
- One Stop Deli, 223 Broadway, Greenlawn.
The operation was part of an ongoing effort by the Suffolk County Police Department to ensure compliance of laws pertaining to the sale of alcohol.