Exactly one week after Winter Storm Juno, dubbed "The Blizzard of 2015", Winter Storm Linus has left some areas of Long Island covered with an additional 2-4 inches of snow.
In Nassau County, Bayville received almost 8 inches of snow, and in Suffolk, the East End received the most, with East Northport getting 10.0 inches as of 5:45 this evening.
Nearby in Manhattan's Central Park, 3.6 inches of snowfall was recorded and as of 4:00 this afternoon, the Bronx had 4.4 inches. Laguardia Airport in Queens received 6.4 inches as of 4:00 PM, while JFK Airport only had 4.4 inches.
Here are the reported snow totals for towns across Long Island:
- Albertson - 7.1 inches - 4:00 PM Monday Afternoon
- Bayville - 7.9 inches - 5:05 PM Monday Evening
- Bethpage - 7.5 inches - 5:15 PM Monday Evening
- Carle Place - 1.9 inches - 6:22 PM Monday Evening
- East Meadow - 5.2 inches - 4:00 PM Monday Evening
- East Rockaway - 5.5 inches - 6:02 PM Monday Evening
- Levittown - 6.8 inches - 4:00 PM Monday Afternoon
- Malverne - 4.5 inches - 5:00 PM Monday Evening
- Merrick - 5.6 inches - 5:50 PM Monday Evening
- North Merrick - 6.9 inches - 5:30 PM Monday Evening
- Plainview - 6.5 inches - 4:09 PM Monday Afternoon
- Rockville Centre - 2.0 inches - 7:00 AM Monday Morning
- Bay Shore - 4.9 inches - 5:30 PM Monday Evening
- Centereach - 5.0 inches - 4:45 PM Monday Afternoon
- East Northport - 10.0 inches - 5:45 PM Monday Evening
- Farmingville - 5.1 inches - 5:30 PM Monday Evening
- Huntington - 2.3 inches - 9:00 AM Monday Morning
- Islip Airport - 5.1 inches - 7:00 PM Monday Evening
- Lindenhurst - 4.0 inches - 6:30 PM Monday Evening
- Mattituck - 3.8 inches - 5:15 AM Monday Morning
- Mount Sinai - 3.0 inches - 5:00 AM Monday Morning
- North Babylon - 3.0 inches - 5:30 AM Monday Morning
- Old Field - 2.4 inches - 12:55 PM Monday Afternoon
- Orient - 4.5 inches - 9:13 AM Monday Morning
- Port Jefferson - 4.0 inches - 5:30 AM Monday Morning
- Riverhead - 3.0 inches - 6:45 PM Monday Evening
- Rocky Point - 7.2 inches - 5:50 PM Monday Evening
- Sayville - 5.1 inches - 5:21 PM Monday Evening
- Shoreham - 4.0 inches - 5:15 AM Monday Morning
- Smithtown - 8.3 inches - 6:00 PM Monday Evening
- Sound Beach - 5.8 inches - 5:30 PM Monday Evening
- Southampton - 2.5 inches - 6:19 AM Monday Morning
- Stony Brook - 5.3 inches - 4:45 PM Monday Evening
- Upton - 4.8 inches - 7:00 PM Monday Evening
We will be updating these snow totals throughout the day.
Although snow days can be a lot of fun, they can also cause all sorts of issues such as delays, closures, and unsafe driving conditions. Be sure to stay informed - head over to the LongIsland.com Weather Center, Traffic Center, and School Closings Page for all of the need to know updates you're looking for!
How much more snow did your neighborhood get?
Let us know, and we'll be sure to update our Snow Total List!
[Source: The National Weather Service.]