Ozone Park, NY - January 22, 2016 - The New York Racing Association announced that horseplayers and racing fans will be able to purchase tickets for the 2016 Belmont Stakes Racing Festival starting Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 10 a.m.
Highlighted by the 148th running of the Grade 1, $1.5 million dollar Belmont Stakes, the oldest and most challenging leg of horse racing's vaunted "Triple Crown", the three-day mega event will begin on Thursday, June 9, 2016, and conclude on Saturday, June 11, 2016.
"The Belmont Stakes Racing Festival is New York's traditional kickoff to the summer season. In this spirit and building off the overwhelming success of last year's Festival, we have built an exciting, three-day mega event featuring championship racing, world-class entertainment and premium hospitality," stated Chris Kay, Chief Executive Officer and President. "With an incredible racing lineup featuring 11 graded stakes races and nearly $10 million in purses, we encourage our fans to purchase their tickets in advance and secure their place at beautiful Belmont Park."
An exclusive pre-sale for Belmont Stakes Racing Festival reserved seating and hospitality packages is being offered for NYRA Rewards members, previous Belmont Stakes reserved seat and hospitality ticket buyers and for horseplayers and fans joining the mailing list at NYRA.com or BelmontStakes.com. These exclusive offerings will occur starting on Monday, January 25, 2016, and will continue through Wednesday, January 27. All participants in each pre-sale phase will receive an exclusive access-code to purchase tickets via Ticketmaster.com.
For the first time, fans purchasing reserved seat tickets through Ticketmaster.com will be able to digitally preview their seat location and sightlines, while comparing sections from the comfort of their own home. This new technology will further improve the ticket selection process for 2016.
Additionally and new for 2016, NYRA will offer fans the option of two advance, three-day festival passes offering additional savings throughout the event. These festival passes will be offered on a limited basis starting January 28 through May 20 and include:
- General admission access on Thursday, June 9, Friday, June 10 and Grandstand access on Saturday, June 11 for $30. This represents a savings of $5.
- General admission access on Thursday, June 9, Friday, June 10 and Clubhouse access on Saturday, June 11 for $60. This represents a savings of $10.
Additional discounts will also be offered for NYRA Rewards members furnishing proof of membership. NYRA Rewards account holders can purchase a Grandstand festival pass for $25 and a Clubhouse festival pass for $55. A limited quantity of these discounted tickets will be available while supplies last, and can be obtained by contacting the NYRA Box Office at 844-NYRA-TIX.
Fans interested in purchasing admission tickets to the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival for Thursday, June 9 or Friday, June 10 can do so via Ticketmaster.com, starting on January 28 at 10 a.m.
Grandstand general admission tickets for Belmont Stakes Day will also be available for $15 until May 20.
- Following that time and until Belmont Stakes Day, the price for Grandstand general admission will be $20.
- Subject to availability, Grandstand general admission tickets will be sold for $25 on Belmont Stakes Day.
Grandstand reserved seats for Belmont Stakes Day begin at $45. The price includes the cost of admission.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance, and secure their place for Belmont Stakes Day.
All Clubhouse and Preferred Grandstand reserved seats include commemorative tickets and admission for Friday and Saturday's race cards. Bundled Friday and Saturday tickets start at $65.
Three Days of Celebration
The 2016 Belmont Stakes Racing Festival will include three days of celebration.
Thursday, June 9
- The kickoff of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival will occur on Thursday, June 9, featuring a full race card which includes three stakes races. More information on Thursday's schedule will be announced in the future.
Friday, June 10
- The second day of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival will feature six stakes races, including two graded stakes. The day will conclude with a special Belmont Stakes Eve concert.
- Following Friday's final race, a stage will be set up near the winner's circle, where fans will enjoy a performance by the popular female Country Music duo Maddie & Tae. Nominated for "Vocal Duo of the Year" by the Academy of Country Music Awards, the recording artists journeyed to the top of the charts for their hit "Girl in a Country Song" and are known for a strong, growing and highly-passionate fan base.
- Walk-up general admission for Friday, June 10, will be $15 for non-NYRA Rewards members and $10 for NYRA Rewards members until 3 p.m. Walk-up general admission after 3 p.m. Friday, June 10, will be $30. NYRA Rewards members must present their rewards card at time of entry. Friday's performance by Maddie & Tae is included with paid admission.
- Tickets can also be purchased in advance through BelmontStakes.com. Tickets for Grandstand reserved seats, which include admission, will be available for $25. More information on Friday's schedule will be announced in the future.
Belmont Stakes Day: Saturday, June 11
- The third and final day of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival is scheduled for Saturday, June 11. The day will feature 10 stakes races, including 9 graded stakes. It will be anchored by the 148th running of the Grade 1 Belmont Stakes; the oldest and most challenging leg of horse racing's "Triple Crown".
- Scheduled entertainment for Saturday, June 11 includes U.S. Military Academy (USMA) Band musicians, who will perform the National Anthem to start the day's entertainment. They will also conduct a special musical tribute to the men and women of the USMA just prior to the running of the Grade 1 Metropolitan Mile, later that afternoon.
- A nationally-known musical act will headline Saturday's entertainment, which will also include a musical performance from a leading Broadway production. Further details on these performances will be announced in the coming weeks.
Additional information will be offered in the future regarding the Belmont Stakes Draw, in addition to transportation, security and additional events and activities planned for the week of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.