Garden City, NY - January 20, 2017 - The Garden City Police report the arrest of a Hempstead man for Public Lewdness on Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 5:30 pm in Garden City.
According to detectives, between September 25, 2016 and January 5, 2017 Cameron L. McDermott, 31, of Hempstead, exposed himself to females in Garden City.
- On September 25 at 10:30 pm he approached a female, 21, in a parking lot at Adelphi. He exposed himself and, after asking her a question, urinated on her leg.
- On September 30 at 9:00 pm he called a female, 20, over to his car on Hamilton Pl. As the victim approached the vehicle he was exposed and appeared to be videoing.
- On October 16 at 5:00 pm he approached a female, 44, in a parking lot on 9th Street. He asked her a question at which time the victim realized he was exposing himself.
- On November 23 at 5:00 pm he parked next to a female victim, 53, in Parking Field 7N. He asked the victim a question at which time the victim realized he had no pants on.
- On November 23 at 5:30 pm he approached a female, 36, in Parking Field 7N and started speaking to her when she discovered he was not wearing pants.
- On January 5 at 5:45 pm he approached a female, 15, on Chestnut Street and asked her a question while he was exposing himself.
On January 19, at 5:30 pm the McDermott was located in the parking garage of 303 Main Street, Hempstead where he was placed under arrest. He was in possession of a cell phone and a MacBook Pro which contained several pictures and videos of similar incidents. One video recovered contained two females under the age of 16 engaging in a sexual performance.
McDermott is charged with Possessing Sexual Performance of a Child, Public Lewdness 1st degree, five counts of Public Lewdness and Endangering the Welfare of a Child. He will be arraigned on Friday, January 20, 2017 at first District Court in Hempstead.
Detectives ask if anyone feels they were a victim of a similar crime to contact Garden City Police Detectives at 516-465-4150.