Advice for really great ethnic foods on Long Island.

amyg

Advice for really great ethnic foods on Long Island.

30 Mar, 2012 2:11 p.m.

For my best friend's birthday, she asked if we could eat at a Japanese steak house, since she's never been to one. She had no idea that its dinner and a show, and had a whole lot of rice balls thrown in her face as our cook, Alex, demonstrated his finesse with knives and spatulas. We had a great time. So, now we are eager to repeat that experience, but at the same time try some new cuisines. Do you have any suggestions for over-the-top, unique, ethnic cuisine restaurants on Long Island?

CaitR

Re:Advice for really great ethnic foods on Long Island.

30 Mar, 2012 2:36 p.m.

Less of a Show, but delicious and a Great Value - Indian Lunch Buffet. I personally am a fan of Curry Club, but depending on where you are located, there are plenty of Indian Restaurants on Long Island.

gfrost

03 Apr, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Which Japanese steakhouse did you go to? I'm a fan of Samurai's in Huntington. I really like the atmosphere but Gasho's in Hauppauge has a bit more of a show as far as I remember, provided you get the right cook. I think there's a second Gasho's location but I can't remember where it is.

ohanders

03 Apr, 2012 11:48 a.m.

If you want to try new ethnic cuisines I suggest Kabul on Jericho Turnpike in Huntington, not too far from the Walt Whitman Mall.It's Afghani food and oh so delicious. Very much like Indian food but with a little bit less of a spicy kick.

Cruzer

05 Apr, 2012 9:34 p.m.

I talk of them incessantly, but I really can't recommend Monsoon highly enough to anyone who wants some authentic East Asian food.

EPemily

06 Apr, 2012 4:20 p.m.

Thai is my favorite and there are a number of really great restaurants in the Suffolk area that I know off. Thai House in Smithtown right on Main Street is probably the best. The owner is incredibly friendly and the service is stellar.

Green Leaf on Jericho (in the East Northport/Huntington area I believe) is pretty good. and I recently discovered a small place in Huntington Village called SRI Thai. It's hidden on New Street just across from the parking lot but it's oh so delicious!

EPemily

06 Apr, 2012 4:21 p.m.

Sitar in Huntington (if it's still open) is delicious as well. A little bit more pricey than other restaurants may be but on weekends they have someone come in and play authentic Indian music.

cjbrandstrom

04 May, 2012 2:57 p.m.

I don't know if this qualifies as ethnic? but Maria's in Nesconset has AMAZING Latin American/Spanish food... sooo good!

My favorite Thai food is this place in Bellmore. It's totally worth the drive, and it's a tiny little place...but the best little secret thai place in nassau county, IMO :)
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog