One of the best places for families that love animals

df7789

One of the best places for families that love animals

04 Mar, 2012 10:25 a.m.

WEll, actually 2 places.
We LOVE the Holtsville ecology center zoo which is totally free to get in.
Check out the bear exhibit too-wow!

and of course White Post Farms is a family favorite with all those cute baby animals to feed plus the bouncers for kids. And the new bird exhibit was one my kids talked about for weeks!
Enjoy!

CaitR

Re:One of the best places for families that love animals

05 Mar, 2012 11:24 a.m.

Make sure to check out Sweetbriar Nature Center in Smithtown is another great place for nature lovers to check out - they have tons of interactive programs the kids will love!

Check out LongIsland.com's Sanctuaries & Zoos page for a guide to lots of great nature centers you can visit.

gfrost

09 Mar, 2012 3:37 p.m.

I love Sweetbriar. They have excellent hands-on programs. I mean, they're mostly geared towards kids but really, any animal lover will be able to appreciate them. I really enjoyed the Night Watch program where they displayed some of the owls they have living on the land. The nature trails are very relaxing in the summer.

cjbrandstrom

24 Sep, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I've heard about Sweetbriar, but never have been there... got to check it out.

There are lots of great nature trails at Connetquot State Park, just beautiful. Bird watching, deer and a fish hatchery... not a petting zoo, but more of a natural setting. There are parts of the trails that are just beautiful, ...you feel like you are upstate somewhere in the woods.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog