Favorite Lobster place? Dinner deals?

cjbrandstrom

Favorite Lobster place? Dinner deals?

01 Aug, 2012 8:15 p.m.

The good old days of hanging out in downtown Port Jefferson brings back memories of great lobster dinners... it used to be that lobster was one of the main catches in Port Jefferson Harbor... and although the seas and lobster population have changed I still crave lobster every time I'm in town. I used to get lobster from the little bar/pub Tara's...a local college hangout, where you sat at a numbered table and were served up soup, salad, fries and a fresh 1 1/2lb lobster dinner for only $15 or so... it was great!

Of course, the Steamroom is a long time favorite, right across from the ferry. Just as laid back, but a little more expensive. If you want fancy, of course, there is no lack of that in Port Jefferson either.

Usually, the locals know best where the little seafood hideouts are and who has the best deals... so where is your favorite place to get lobster or seafood?

Who has the best deals? Any little known secrets on Long Island?
Post um if you've got um... Thanks!

cjbrandstrom

Re:Favorite Lobster place? Dinner deals?

05 Aug, 2012 10:34 a.m.

Saturday's Top 10!... where to get your Long Island Lobster... check it out :)

I must also mention that I passed by the Irish Coffee Pub in East Islip, who has been running lobster dinner specials as of late... I haven't been there to try it as of yet, but I've heard the food is great. It's going on my "must do" list...

AdeleCjoy

Re:Favorite Lobster place? Dinner deals?

16 Aug, 2012 10:57 a.m.

I recently tried the Carriage House in Babylon Village...
The food was good. The atmosphere was fancy-ish, very nice...but not over the top or stuffy... they had some acoustic band playing at the bar area which seemed pretty packed. The Friday night bar crowd was late twenties through early forties, so not overly young, but definitely ready to party and enjoy happy hour!

I got the lobster, which was delicious... :) I hear they have a lobster bake special during the week... (I missed it of course...LOL) but I've heard good things, so will have to go back to check that out.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog