Weather Alert!
"LIGHT SNOW AND SPOTTY LIGHT FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE THIS EVENING" As temperatures slowly rise this evening, light snow should quickly change over to rain across Long Island, New York City and the suburbs just north and west, and across coastal and southeastern Connecticut, with at least a coating of accumulation, and as much as an inch farther away from the coast. As precipitation mixes with and changes to rain, road temperatures in these areas may still be below freezing even as air temperatures slowly rise to the mid and upper 30s, and a light glaze of ice may be possible on untreated surfaces. So plan on slippery conditions this evening even as temperatures slowly rise. Weather  |  LIRR  |  Traffic  |  Traffic Cams |  Weather News  |  School Closings

Best Breakfast on LI?

AngelineR

Best Breakfast on LI?

31 Jul, 2012 12:35 p.m.

We just did a feature "Battle of the Breakfasts" and we would love to hear your favorite breakfast spots on LI!

Let us know your favorite places to stop for a morning meal, and the best dish they offer!

CaitR

Re:Best Breakfast on LI?

31 Jul, 2012 2:49 p.m.

I'm a fan of Maureen's Kitchen myself - great cow decor, and great breakfast!

I'm always willing to try any place that serves brunch, though.

blackhawk6164

31 Jul, 2012 3:11 p.m.

When it comes to breakfast my girlfriend and I just hit up a diner. the O-Co-Kee has some pretty good waffles. Although we will usually go to a deli for egg sandwiches.

cjbrandstrom

01 Aug, 2012 8:18 p.m.

I love Toast in Port Jeff... great atmosphere and a nice, laid back diner type feeling. The food is always good.

But if I can't make the trip out there, I love IHOP for a quick breakfast fix :)

Scott_R

19 Mar, 2014 7:41 a.m.

I'd posted a comment on the original article's page at the time, but...

Would remove from the list: Fuel Your Body Cafe, Krisch's, Thomas's, and IHOP (just because it's a chain, and do we really need to prop up a major chain when there are better indie places?)

Would add: Cornucopia's Noshery (Amityville), Morning Rose Cafe (Bellmore), Relish (Kings Park), Left Coast Kitchen (Merrick)

I'm borderline on Jo Jo Apple's.

JennaVctoria

26 Mar, 2014 12:43 p.m.

Kitchen Kaberet - They have two locations one near my work (Glen Cove Rd. in Roslyn) and one near home - I prefer the one on Saxon Ave in Bayshore. Fresh omelette station and muffins, great coffee - seating area.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog