Best Beach for the kids?

AdeleCjoy

Best Beach for the kids?

25 Jul, 2012 12:44 p.m.

The ocean can be pretty fierce sometimes... so where is the best ocean beach to bring the kids? Lifeguards, easy bathroom access and shallow areas are key for me...
Those waves can get pretty rough and a steep drop off in the water is a recipe for disaster!

What is your favorite beach for the kids?

cjbrandstrom

Re:Best Beach for the kids?

25 Jul, 2012 3:10 p.m.

I love Robert Moses Field 3... the sand heading out into the ocean is a long, extended sandbar...very shallow, so that even when you are out past the breakers you can still touch the ocean floor...it's about to my shoulders around mid day.

The beach is full of families and kids... and the concession stand is pretty close. The bathrooms have private shower areas in the back area, which is really nice for rinsing off at the end of the day.

The beaches here are some of the most beautiful in the world... we are pretty darn lucky! Enjoy your fun in the sun!

AngelineR

31 Jul, 2012 12:47 p.m.

Corey Beach is very kid friendly. It's a small beach, it has lifeguards, no waves because its the Great South Bay, and it has some great food too. It's in Bluepoint. The beach is perfect if you only want to get away at the beach for a few hours because you won't get caught in beach traffic. :)

http://www.discoverlongisland.com/visitors/more-info.aspx?cli_number=5297&major=

AdeleCjoy

13 Aug, 2012 5:36 p.m.

I used to go to Cedar Beach on the north shore as a kid... but the north shore is really rocky so you need to bring your swim shoes with you! But it was really nice for kids with a large playground, basketball courts, boardwalks and nature paths, and a nice big elevated dock at the end you can fish off of.
The water is not too rough...small waves because it's on the Sound, and the water is really clean and clear. It's also a great beach for jet skis and wet bikes. You can unload them at the boat ramp on the marina side and drive them around and leave them just offshore for an entire day of fun on the water. We used to follow and jump the wakes from the Port Jefferson ferries!
Fun times :)

Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog