Best Pizza on Long Island?

cjbrandstrom

Best Pizza on Long Island?

09 Jul, 2012 8:19 p.m.

I've been spoiled most of my life, having been raised on Long Island with access to a wide variety of really great food. I love good food and am always hunting down the best local hot spots.

I'm on the hunt for a great slice of pizza... I used to go to Colosseo Pizza in Port Jefferson Station when I lived out that way. It's a small family run pizza place that has been there for as long as I can remember. Anyhow, now I live closer to the Bay Shore area and am looking for a great local place.

Anyone? If you know of a great local pizza place anywhere from Babylon to East Islip... please post it ...good pizza is well worth the drive. Thanks!

lnpozmanter

Re:Best Pizza on Long Island?

11 Jul, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Patio Pizza in St. James! Really really great pizza! Also O Sole Mio in Stony Brook is awesome!

cjbrandstrom

11 Jul, 2012 5:57 p.m.

Have you guys ever heard of DeNatales pizza place in BayShore?

They closed a while back, but I just heard a rumor that the owner just opened up a new place/deli/pizza place down by the BayShore Marina with the same pizza and chef from DeNatales.

Its called By the Bay Pizza & Deli and it just opened up a few weeks ago. Can't wait to check it out.. people always raved about DeNatales and the crispy sesame crust :)

I'm going there tomorrow, so I'll let ya know how it is...it's really convenient for the boaters who dock over there and I hear they make some kick ass heros and salads and egg sammies in the AM too.

hmoire

12 Jul, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Emilio's and Olio's, both in Commack, are 2 of the best I've tried.

AdeleCjoy

13 Jul, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Oh I love Emilio's in Commack :) I especially like their thin crust white pizza. But the regular pizza is great too... I went there all the time when I worked over on Commack Road.

I also love Branchinelli's on Route 111 in Hauppauge. They have a house salad with mozzarella cheese on top that is amazing and their round pies are delicious :)
It's not fancy...but is always packed with a line out the door on Friday nights especially...

cjbrandstrom

16 Jul, 2012 3:51 p.m.

Oh BTW, I got a slice at By The Bay Pizza....
OMG! The crispiest crust... so good!
I'm impressed. (When it comes to pizza, it does take a lot to impress me.)
You guys have to check it out... take 5th Avenue south all the way to the end. It's on the left side just before you enter the marina... :)

Christian

27 Jul, 2012 12:29 p.m.

Abeetza in Glen Cove is the best I've ever had. Their crust is the perfect balance of thin, crispy on the outside, and a little doughy on the inside. Campari's on Main Street in Northport is a close second, and I love Rocco's in St. James.

cjbrandstrom

30 Jul, 2012 4:08 p.m.

Yum...that sounds awesome I will have to make the trek to Glen Cove and check that out.

Who makes the best thin crust pizzas?
I always loved the thin crust white pie at Amelio's in Commack...

Melissacarmel

24 Oct, 2015 6:49 a.m.

The best pizza I ever had at Colosseo's. Pizza was so yummy and delicious. Here you will get various variety of flavors which is really different to taste. Try this and have best pizza on Long Island.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog