Best Breakfast/Brunch spots on Long Island?

AdeleCjoy

Best Breakfast/Brunch spots on Long Island?

20 May, 2012 12:06 p.m.

Looking for new hidden gems from your neighborhood. I'm a HUGE fan of breakfast... I actually could eat breakfast foods almost anytime of the day. (Waffles and ice cream for desert? .. or after a crazy night out at the diner at 3am LOL)

One of my favorite unusual spots is a little diner on the corner of Suffolk Avenue and 111. I can't even remember the name of the place, but they make this amazing El Salvadorian breakfast that includes fried plantains, rice, scrambled eggs, queso blanco cheese, avocado slices and more... I know it sounds unusual...but it is SO good. It's the kinda stuff you drive for miles to get when your craving it... :)
I also love sit down breakfast nooks that serve all kinds of omelettes, really good bacon and egg deli sandwiches and any type of hash browns..! Are you hungry yet? :)

Anyhow, I am looking to find and try out some new places or hidden treasures on Long Island... So please share your favorites! Thanks!

cjbrandstrom

Re:Best Breakfast/Brunch spots on Long Island?

24 May, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Try Maureen's Kitchen on Terry Road in Smithtown... A really cute place... always packed with great food. A bit pricier than the average breakfast place...but on par with the quality of food.

If your on the run, there is a GREAT deli called the Country Deli in Islip on Montauk Hwy. Small and simple but the food is always great and right on. Breakfast sandwiches! Yum.

AdeleCjoy

01 Jun, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Maureen's Kitchen was awesome! Thanks... I tried a greek omlette...it was really good. And the decor is really cute too... it is kind of quaint and reminds me of an old diner/farmside lunchonette with pictures of cows all around.

I also found this place in Port Jefferson that I am looking forward to checking out... I found this article with a bunch of new spots... Thanks Long Island.com! I am looking forward to going for brunch with my friends this weekend. Yum!

Brixton

01 Jun, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Definitely Maureen's Kitchen! And there's a diner across the street from the Loews movie theater in Lake Grove that is really delicious. Also check out Toast & Co in Huntington.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog