Planning a wedding before the engagement?

amyg

Planning a wedding before the engagement?

10 Feb, 2012 10:25 a.m.

Lots of girls dream about their weddings long before they ever meet the man that will become their husbands. But how much weight should be given to these plans, especially when actual engagements and wedding planning are thrown into the mix?My best friend got engaged the first weekend of November. Shortly after that, her brother and future brother-in-law proposed to their girlfriends, all of which are in each others bridal parties. My friend originally wanted an August 2013 wedding, giving her enough time to save money and plan the wedding of her dreams. Unfortunately, prior to their engagements, the future sisters0in-law already decided that they were getting married in May and June of 2013 (one because that's a year after the birth of her child, and the other because she randomly picked the date 4 years ago). Eventually, they bullied my friend into moving her wedding up to October of 2012 because "it wouldn't be fair for her engagement to entirely eclipse theirs," and since they are in the midst of planning their own weddings, are providing little help to her now rushed wedding planning. Although, it should be noted that these sisters-in-law will be funded by their families while my best friend is saving for her wedding out of pocket. Do you think its fair for these future sisters-in-law to push each other around? I've never had a sister, and nor do any of these girls incidentally, but I can't imagine being so pushy about a wedding date. On the other hand, it's making me feel as though I need take dibs on a specific weekend 2-4 years from now just to get a jump start on my own wedding planning. There must be some sort of etiquette on that topic.

MariettaC

Re:Planning a wedding before the engagement?

15 Feb, 2012 11:58 p.m.

Best part of a wedding ... is the honeymoon... dont sweat the "day".. look forward to the day after!!! good advice from the voice of experience.

Abbi

01 May, 2012 7:20 a.m.

This is why it is so important to do some planning before making your big announcement. I know you want to shout your good news from the rooftops, but please hold off just a little. It will make your life much easier later. It will give you time to protect yourselves from your well-intentioned friends and family.

PaulJBrooks

11 Dec, 2013 9 a.m.

This is very important information for every person.Engagement is the very important part of life and the planing of the wedding before engagement is the main part of life.sometimes in life we remember that time.I think this is very good approach.Thanks for sharing this information.
Corporate Relations

morrison723

18 Mar, 2014 8:24 a.m.

MariettaC wrote:
Best part of a wedding ... is the honeymoon... dont sweat the "day".. look forward to the day after!!! good advice from the voice of experience.

I agree. Honeymoons are so cool.

MaxDeronto

20 Mar, 2014 6:25 a.m.

In this way the wedding planning helps a lot but this is not fair that because of them she had to shift his wedding from the planned date..

andyjones

21 Mar, 2014 3:46 a.m.

Actually, this isn't fair to bully someone to shift their wedding date as he will have been already done lots of planning. This is why important to shout about your wedding to all your friends and relatives and should send save-the-date-cards.
# Online Gracious invitation cards for Christian wedding
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog