Best Time of The Year to Get Married on Long Island?

LIJeanne

Best Time of The Year to Get Married on Long Island?

10 Feb, 2012 9:19 a.m.

What do you think is the best season to get married on Long Island?

Is it the Spring, with the blossoming flowers beginning to show their faces?
The warm summer days perfect for an amazing beachfront wedding?
The fall, when we're surrounded by most beautiful foliage?
Or the winter, when the world turns to white?

Do you have pictures of your seasonally themed wedding? Make sure to share!

amyg

Re:Best Time of The Year to Get Married on Long Island?

10 Feb, 2012 10:13 a.m.

My preference for doing anything on Long Island is the summer, but when it comes to a wedding, I think you definitely want to avoid the extremes. That includes the dead of winter, and the blistering heat of mid-July. I think mid-May to late-June and Mid-August to late-September will be your best bet to enjoy great weather, making indoor or outdoor receptions an option. But you definitely want to consider the scenery of your bridal pictures, and if you want leafy trees, green grass and a bright sun right over head, you'll have to go with the summer. Some people prefer the changing leaves, and others prefer budding garden flowers. The best thing to do is figure out your ideal portrait location. Visit it at different times of the day and consider what sort of landscaping is kept there. This will help you determine what time of year (and day) offers best lighting, if the gardens go with your color scheme, and if you're going to need to figure out a way of getting across a wet, soggy lawn. Not to mention - off season weddings are way cheaper, and that means fall, winter and early spring. Winter weddings are becoming quite popular, and not just because of the price reduction, so don't feel discouraged/cheap if that's what you prefer. But less natural environments for your portraits because dirty, trodden snow and bleak grey skies do not make beautiful wedding pictures.

blackhawk6164

16 Mar, 2012 12:37 p.m.

Well I would say what ever time of year is your favorite personally I love the fall and you can get some nice colors out of the trees for background. When i was a wedding photographer my clients loved going to arboretum. Problem I always saw with spring was the amount of rain. All the time clients were really nervous about having rain on their wedding day. Although once their fear of rain went away they would have great colors and weather. Mid summer is tough if you want pictures outside because everyone gets really hot before the reception then starts to get impatient (and sometimes really sweaty)

LIJeanne

23 Mar, 2012 3:41 p.m.

The fall sounds beautiful - with the cool, crisp air, and all of the gorgeous colors. Especially out East - the scenery at the local vineyards is only further complimented by the vibrant hues of autumn.

amyg

19 Apr, 2012 3:36 p.m.

My best friend is planning an October wedding - actually its mostly planned, now we're just left with the really fun stuff - bridal shower and flowers. But, a bright side of planning a fall wedding is that she got a KILLER deal on her honeymoon: 10 days in an all-inclusive Jamaican resort with airfare included, for two people for.....$2000. I could hardly believe it. Two weeks ago they found out that the resort is closing this summer, but since they booked through Expedia, they are getting a completely free upgrade to the resort of their choice. Now, for $2000, they are spending 10 days in an even more romantic, adult-only resort, and for their inconvenience (if you call having to pick a new luxury hotel inconvenient) they are getting an additional free excursion, and she will get to ride a horse on the beach, something she's never done despite having owned horses as a child. Anyway, that is my sales pitch for a fall wedding. Too bad I am stubborn and have always dreamed of a summer wedding!

MaxDeronto

22 Mar, 2014 8:06 a.m.

According to me the best time is when spring ends and winters start i.e. near about in October..is the best time to get marry, as in that temperature also changes we feel light bit warm in the morning and little bit coldness in the evening..That i love that atmosphere...in that case your guests also doesn't feel too much hot or cold they will also enjoy the temperature.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog