Weekend Trip to Manhattan.

CaitR

Weekend Trip to Manhattan.

02 Feb, 2012 10:14 a.m.

One of the best parts about living on Long Island is the ability to hop on a train, and be right in the center of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, and this past weekend, that's just what I did. Living on Long Island makes a weekend trip to the city relatively inexpensive, especially if you plan ahead and see what's happening before you head in.
Aside from the gorgeous weather, there was a lot of fun happening: the Chinese New Year celebration - a parade through Chinatown that's absolutely free to attend, and NYC's restaurant week - offering foodies to dine at some of the best restaurants New York has to offer at a fraction of the regular price. Since this weekend trip was on a budget, I also headed down to the Museum of Natural History, which let's you pay what you want to enter, and there are so many exhibits that you can have a whole day of fun justat this museum. With all of the great permanent and changing exhibits, for anyone curious about nature or anthropology, there's always something exciting and new to check out.
On Sunday, I headed all the way downtown to visit the NYPD Museum, which gives visitors an inside look at the history of New York's finest, with memorabilia dating back from the 1800s. They also have a wonderful tribute to all of those who served New York on 9/11. After the museum, I headed back up to midtown to Union Square, and then eventually took the LIRR for a quick and relaxing ride back home to Long Island.

If anyone else is spending a weekend in NYC, what are some good ideas for fun on a dime?

Sophia

Re:Weekend Trip to Manhattan.

30 Jun, 2012 8:18 a.m.

This is very nice article Thanks!!!
Guide To Nightlife

cjbrandstrom

30 Jun, 2012 5:22 p.m.

Surprisingly, there are actually lots of little known secrets... and free stuff to do in Manhattan.
(What you say??!... Yep. I know it doesn't seem likely... but it is true.)

NYC free summer concerts...

If your more interesting in stargazing...check this out. Every Tuesday night...

Rooftop movie screenings? Check it out...

Or check out the list of one of these fine museums all around the city...that are free or offer free days and times throughout the week :) Have fun!

NurseJackie

11 Jul, 2013 8:20 a.m.

Manhattan can be cheap for those that know what to look for. You can tour the Brooklyn Brewery every hour on the hour from 1-5 Saturdays or 1-4 on Sundays. Visit Central Park, it's always free and beautiful. There are also free events held there. On Thursdays, Chelsea Galleries has free wine and cheese art gallery openings.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog