Is anyone else looking forward to summer on the East End?

gfrost

Is anyone else looking forward to summer on the East End?

21 May, 2012 1:37 p.m.

I drove out to Southampton and Montauk with two friends Saturday. The sun was shining and it was all around a spectacular day. We walked around Southampton's Main St. and stopped in at the Publick House Brewery. We tried the sampler - each and every beer was delicious. I particularly liked the Beire de Mars and the Double White Ale. My friends were really into the Oatmeal Stout too. Definitely worth a try.

Montauk was hoping. We passed through town and saw a bunch of people gathered on a lawn for live music. I think this weekend was Montauk Music Festival. We kept going down the road to the docks though, which also had a band playing live music. Unfortunately a lot of businesses weren't open for the season yet. We were able to get a table at Sammy's though. The found was amazing. They had the best loaded french fries I've ever had.

Is anyone else looking forward to heading out East as it gets warmer? Where do you plan on stopping?

cjbrandstrom

Re:Is anyone else looking forward to summer on the East End?

26 May, 2012 11:23 a.m.

I'm looking forward to heading out the wineries with friends on the North Fork...
We usually bring a nice spread with cheese and crackers and snacks, get a bottle of wine from the vineyard and open it out back on the outdoor patio areas. It's so nice out there...just beautiful and relaxing and with some great company!

My favorites are Macari Vineyard, Martha Clara (they have some cool art shows and a great oyster fest every year!) and Pindar... which has a large, covered seating area outdoors as well.

Pandadoll

Re:Is anyone else looking forward to summer on the East End?

30 May, 2012 8:35 a.m.

We love the East End - The Long Island Fringe Festival will be hosting shows all over Long Island this year & in August The Long Island Fringe Festival is holding a show at Southampton Cultural Center - tickets are $10 per performance & $50 for a season pass.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog