Long Island's Farmer's Markets? the secret to your families health

cjbrandstrom

Long Island's Farmer's Markets? the secret to your families health

02 May, 2012 5:19 p.m.

I always try to feed my family healthy, organic and local food. Eating healthy and staying active is the best way to keep everyone happy, full of energy and out of the doctor's office.

I grew up in Mount Sinai on the North Shore of Long Island, and back then we had a peach farm across the road and a local farmers market on the corner in Miller Place, that had been there for an eternity and my mom shopped at every week. They used to give us this natural candy, so it's a really vivid memory for me and my siblings...we always looked forward to going there with my mom!
I stumbled across this event that was scheduled today about a farmers market event, but unfortunately missed it.

So where do you shop for local produce? Do you go to Farmer's markets?
What has your experiences been with them?
Where are the best ones?

I'm trying to track down some new resources...so please post and share your favorites! Thanks :)

Cruzer

Re:Long Island's Farmer's Markets? the secret to your families health

04 May, 2012 9:35 a.m.

I'm pretty sure there's a weekly farmer's market in Northport during the spring and summer, but I don't know specifically where it is.

ohanders

04 May, 2012 1:45 p.m.

I think the Northport Farmers Market is held in the parking lots near the docks. At the end of Main Street. I can't imagine where everyone is going to park if those lots aren't open though. Yipes.

hmoire

04 May, 2012 1:46 p.m.

The LongIsland.com Events Calendar actually has a Farmers Market section filled with over 500 Farmers Market events. Be sure to check that out to find Markets open near you. :)

JosephV

01 Dec, 2013 1:49 p.m.

There are many organic farms on the north fork of long Island plus it is beautiful out there. I like the organic locally grown food, Free range chicken eggs, apple cider and raw milk. I am also going to post this in the Mount Sinai Open Forum on Facebook, which is here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/401221243339431?__user=100002474258712

Thanks,
Joe

michellekrikau

14 Jan, 2014 12:37 p.m.

Check out this website. Organic and locally grown on Long Island that supply a lot of the farmers markets.

http://www.gardenofevefarm.com
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog