So Andy Pettitte is coming back to the Yankees.

Cruzer

So Andy Pettitte is coming back to the Yankees.

18 Mar, 2012 9:37 p.m.

That was a short retirement, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Well, I guess if he's half the pitcher he was before retiring he'll still be better than Burnett.

Christian

Re:So Andy Pettitte is coming back to the Yankees.

20 Mar, 2012 5:19 p.m.

I'm excited for his return. Honestly, I thought he looked sharper than CC when he was healthy back in 2010, and his playoff record is impeccable.

CaitR

21 Mar, 2012 11:48 a.m.

If you want to get the full scoop, make sure to check out yesterday's Sports Update for the full story, and updates on your other favorite NY Sports Teams.

blackhawk6164

21 Mar, 2012 12:36 p.m.

He is one of my favorite pitchers, but I just dont know how he will fare with this comeback. He is, lets say, above average in age, so how will that come into play? I dont think he will suddenly return and be the legend he was. I feel like after this season everyone will talk about him as say "he was a great pitcher.....before he retired and came back." As great as it is to hear about his return, sometime greats need to stay retired.

Cruzer

22 Mar, 2012 9:24 p.m.

We'll just have to wait and see. I think a large part of this will come down to what he did with his time off last year; if he's still in the same shape he left in he could very well put together a great season, but a year of rust might not be wiped off so easily.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog