- Sign In
- Find A Business
- Things To Do
- Transit & Travel
- Real Estate
Do you have a passion for retail? Do you love taking ownership and getting things just right? Do you like interacting with customers and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get big results? Well…being a Merchandise Associate at JCPenney might be the position for you! Come be a part of our team!
The Merchandise Associate’s role is to take ownership of their assigned area, engage with Supervisors and peers in order to deliver an amazing shopping experience that will delight our customers, creating loyalty that will have them coming back to the store for years to come! You will be expected to provide great customer service; sales floor guidance and peer direction; along with an ability to demonstrate consistent execution of the elements that drive sales, while serving as a dynamic and positive presence on the sales floor.
• Customer Service – You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the store to find something new. You and the team do everything possible to put a smile on the customer’s face!
• Sales – You are constantly challenging yourself and your peers to drive sales
• Merchandise Flow & Placement – You own your floor! You partner with your Supervisor to understand the company direction for your area. You understand the core standards and always work to maintain stock levels and presentation standards for the customer. You provide direction to peers and supporting teams to ensure that merchandise flows to the floor efficiently and that is placed correctly the first time!.
• Merchandise SET – You walk the floor with your Supervisor to understand the plan and then execute the upcoming design and set for new merchandise. You are well prepared to provide direction to your peers and supporting teams to ensure the customer is going to have an engaging shopping experience. You can follow company merchandising direction like a champ, but at the same time you know when a design or layout may not work in your particular store and you partner with your Supervisor and Visual Associate to adjust when needed. You’ve got high visual standards and you expect the same from the team!
• Supports a learning environment – You share your knowledge of processes and/or train other team members to enhance team performance
Skills and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency