Originally a tennis club, the 18-hole private golf course was designed by Jack Pirie in 1912 and redesigned by Robert Trent Jones in 1954. Further renovations were completed in 1994. This par-70 layout has a distinctly Scottish feeling. Its secluded setting amid natural terrain adds to the beauty and enjoyment of playing here. Water, low lying marshland links, mature trees, man-made hazards and well-placed bunkers add to the challenge of successfully handling these holes. The roughs are high, the greens are slick and the wind is a frequent factor. Over the years, Woodmere has hosted many PGA events. In addition to the usual club amenities, members may also enjoy the “elevated” swimming pool, the 6 Har-Tru tennis courts and the well-equipped fitness center. Children have been given their own dining areas, kiddy swimming pool and play area. The association participates in a reciprocal guest policy that welcomes golfers from neighboring clubs.