The windmill that is the identifying logo of this 18-hole private country club dates back to the time when the land was a part of the Hyde family estate. In 1923, A.W. Tillinghast was hired to create a quality golfing layout. The result was a course with narrow, flat fairways, six ponds that formed water hazards and a variety of rising and falling elevations for tees and greens. The distance measures 6,524 yards from its longest tees, and the par value is 71. The rating is 71.8 and the slope is 131. Walking is allowed. The Proshop is stocked with both clothing and accessories. A 15-tee driving range, chipping and bunker practice areas and an on-site golf school are all available to members. Additionally, a full bar, snack bar, and a restaurant with a reputation for fine dining are also on the property. Caddies and equipment rentals are on site as well. For those who wish to take a break from the golf course, grabbing a racket and heading to the clay or hard tennis courts or swimming at the pool can be a great alternative. Catering is available for special events.