When this 18-hole private golf course opened in 1917, it was considered one of the best in the nation. When the Depression hit and during the 1930s and 1940s, it was run as a public facility by Roslyn Harbor. Finally, in 1952, members of the Oceanside Golf and Country Club purchased it and gave the club its present name. In the 90s, Tripp Davis reworked about half of the greens. The layout today measures 6,656 yards from its longest tees and has a par value of 70, a rating of 71.9 and a slope of 128. While the course is not terribly long, it is extremely well laid out with a variety of interesting holes and challenges. The property is also meticulously maintained. In addition to the golf course, the club offers an 18-tee driving range, in-house golf pro instructional services, a Pro shop, newly renovated tennis courts, an Olympic-size swimming pool and a state-of-the-art exercise facility. The modern clubhouse is home to an excellent restaurant with separate dining areas and private locker rooms.