10,000 Gifts Brighten Women’s Lives From Long Island to L.A.

LongIsland.com

The non-profit organization Chemocessories has provided 10,000 gifts sets of scarves, jewelry, and turbans to women cancer patients going through chemotherapy treatment.

Print Email

Chemocessories gift sets include turban, scarf, necklace, earrings and bracelet. Photo courtesy of Chemocessories.

Chemocessories, a charity founded by Iris Lee Knell, L.C.S.W. after her own battle with breast cancer, has provided 10,000 sets of scarves, jewelry and turbans to women cancer patients going through chemotherapy treatment. Since its inception in 2011, Chemocessories has sent gift sets to women living throughout United States, including many from Nassau and Suffolk counties.

One recent recipient, Sheila C., expressed her gratitude this way: 

I received my Chemocessories package in the mail yesterday and wanted to say it uplifted me so much. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and completed 6 rounds of chemotherapy…Your package was so thoughtfully put together… I love the little heart sticker, the gold paper… the turban, scarf, the necklace, the bracelet… I love the stones with messages of, Strength, Courage and Hope. I just want to say thank you. Have a blessed day, and thank you for being a blessing to me.” 

The team at Chemocessories, a 100% volunteer-run organization, believes it is very important to help women feel positive, and that treatment in no way diminishes the beautiful woman within. By putting together sets of scarves, turbans and jewelry and donating them to women going though treatment, Chemocessories aims to lift spirits, boost confidence, and provide a smile. 

Chemocessories founder, Iris Lee Knell, said: “When I started this non-profit, my goal was to bring joy to women and lift spirits during their tough times dealing with cancer and chemotherapy treatment. I’m thrilled that we have been able to do that for so many and reach this awesome milestone of 10,000 sets."

If you would like to help Chemocessories continue its mission by making a contribution or holding an accessory drive, or would like to request a gift set for yourself or a loved one, visit the Chemocessories website. You can also keep up with the latest Chemocessories news by following them on Facebook and Instagram.

Photo courtesy of Chemocessories

Photos