Mother’s Day is tomorrow. Tomorrow! If you haven’t already found a gift for mom don’t worry. It’s not too late. The ever convenient gift card exists particularly for this reason. If you’ve been stumped on where to find the perfect gift or if you simply haven’t had the time to shop, the gift card offers both a thoughtful gift and still gives the receiver the option of picking out exactly what they want.
1. Bed, Bath & Beyond – The name says it all. Fine beauty & cosmetics to all sorts of house wares. Bed, Bath & Beyond has it all and for reasonable prices too. Plus, their circular always include discount coupons for 20%, 40% and ever more off your totally purchase. You can’t beat it.
2. Target – Target is a personal favorite of mine. Many Target stores have added produce and dairy sections making Target a sort of one-stop-shop store while remaining tasteful, clean, and stylish. Moms will love Target, if they don’t already, for its range of products. As I said, they now carry produce, dairy, meat, frozen food and much more. Not to forget their electronics and entertainment section, their extensive collection of women’s wear, home goods, workout and fitness items, outdoor and gardening supplies and so much more!
3. The Body Shop and Bath & Body Works – Both of these shops are very similar in that they cater to the women who’s is looking to keep her looks fresh, which is never a bad idea, without going to extremes. Bath & Body Works is more about soaps, lotions, fragrances, shower products and hair care while The Body Shop has all of that with the added bonus of a great selection of makeup to choose from.
4. Ulta – While general not too dissimilar from The Body Shop or Bath & Body Works Ulta goes one step beyond with its beauty salon within its store. Generally a little hidden in the back of the store, behind all the makeup, and lotions and fragrances, is the Ulta salon where they offer hair, nail and skin treatment services just like any other salon. Select Ulta salons even offer waxing services including specialized facial waxing at the Benefit Brow Bar.
5. Macy*s – Macy*s screams tradition! Which is not to say that it scream old-fashioned. No, not at all. Macy’s has been around since the late 1850s. Having its roots in New York City Macy’s is able to stay on top of fashion while remaining classy and available for all ages.
6. Grocery Stores – If you don’t buy your own groceries you may not realize how quickly the total price of your shopping can add up. Help mom out by pitching in with a gift card to a grocery store to cut costs. King Kullen, Stop & Shop, and Waldbaums are just a few of the different big-name grocery stores you’ll find on Long Island.
7. Massage Envy – Your mom works hard like all moms do. How often does she take time for herself to find rest and relaxation. I bet you the answer you find is not very often. When you give her a gift card for a massage you’re giving her an hour of peace of mind, something that’s very hard to put a price on. Massage Envy is just a suggestion. Visit SpaFinder.com to find other spa locations that may or may not be closer to you.
8. Ticketmaster – Ticketmaster now sells gift cards that can be used to purchase tickets for spectacular events including music, sports, theater and family events. They come in denominations of $25, $50, $75, $100, $150, and $250.
9. Restaurants – A good 99% of restaurants sells gift cards and/or gift certificates for diners to purchase. If your mom has a favorite restaurant then in addition to treating her to lunch or dinner there this Sunday why not also purchase a gift card so she can return with whenever she desires. Some staff favorites at LongIsland.com include Beachtree Restaurant, la Tavola, and Blackstone Steakhouse.
10. Visa/Mastercard/American Express – The end all, be all of gift cards. Visa, Mastercard and American Express gift cards are essentially like handing over flashy cash. Good almost anywhere you want to shop.