Hauppauge, NY - August 5th, 2014 - Suffolk County Police arrested seven people after they were caught selling alcohol and tobacco to a minor at several businesses on August 1 and August 3 in Commack, Hauppauge and Islandia.
Fourth Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an initiative into the sale of alcohol and tobacco to underage patrons at fifty establishments and seven were found to be in violation.
The following people were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor 1st Degree:
- Lei Zhou, 20, employed by Commack Wines & Liquors, 214 Mayfair Shopping Center
- Marco Parodi, 34, employed by Gulf, 1979 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia
- Swarn Kaur, 58, employed by Hess, 522 Nesconset Highway, Hauppauge
- Karma Sherpa, 34, employed by Sunoco, 303 Maple Ave., Hauppauge
The following people were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor 2nd Degree:
- Nazir Choudry, 63, employed by Shell, 1331 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
- Ibrahim Mohamed, 53, employed by Sunoco, 1340 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
- Erkan Muhammet, 49, employed by BP, 1964 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia
Muhammet, who also had an outstanding warrant, was arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday, August 2. The other arrestees were all issued a Field Appearance Ticket and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.