Brentwood, NY - June 26, 2014 - Competing against 19 other northeast region school districts under the direction of music teachers Ryan Feldscher, Amy Sckipp and Michael Cordaro, the William Floyd High School Women’s Choir, Concert Orchestra, Full Orchestra and the Colonial Band nearly swept the Northeast Competition and Adjudication held last month on the campus of Kutztown University in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. William Floyd musicians took home three first-place finishes, a second-place finish, a superior rating and three excellent ratings. Congratulations to the students and their teachers!
- Women’s Choir – Superior Rating – First Place
- Concert Orchestra – Excellent Rating – First Place
- Full Orchestra – Excellent Rating – First Place
- Colonial Band – Excellent Rating – Second Place
Additionally, William Floyd Middle School musicians performed at the Long Island Music Festival in Brentwood earlier this month and received the highest ratings during their non-competitive adjudication. “The highlight of the trip for me was witnessing the camaraderie that developed between all three groups,” said Richard Harris, orchestra director. “Very rarely do our students get to listen to each other perform. At this festival, the students had the opportunity to watch and enjoy the performances of their peers.” Congratulations to all the students and their teachers Dawn Conefry, Richard Harris and Donia Rivera!
- William Floyd Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Band – Superior Rating
- William Floyd Middle School 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Mixed Choir – Superior Rating
- William Floyd Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Orchestra – Superior Rating
Pictured is a group photo of William Floyd High School students who participated in the Kutztown University Music Competition. Members of the William Floyd Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Band practice their instruments during the school year.