Southampton, NY - June 19, 2014 - On Wednesday June 18, 2014 the New York State Police Barracks in Riverside conducted an Underage Drinker Enforcement Operation in the Town of Southampton. During the operation three retail establishments were cited for selling alcoholic beverages to an undercover State Police operative.
Arrested and charged with Unlawful Dealing with a Child(A Misdemeanor) and Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage(Misd.) were:
1) Karen Y. Castillo, age 24, of Flanders a clerk at Flanders Deli & Grocery, 669 Flanders Rd, Flanders.
2) Josselin Garcia-Aquino, age 20, of Riverhead a clerk at Hampton Deli, 887 Flanders Rd, Flanders.
3) Marcia D. Cole, age 52, of Riverhead a clerk at Hess Gas Mart, 816 CR-39, Southampton.
All three defendants were issued appearance tickets returnable to Town of Southampton Court.
The following establishments were also targeted and were found to be in compliance;
- Thrifty Beverage Center-Riverhead
- Shell Gas Mart- Hampton Bays
- Melrose Deli- Hampton Bays
- Bays Liquor- Hampton Bays
- Hampton Bays Wines & Liquor- Hampton Bays
- HamptonBeverage- Hampton Bays
- Shell Gas Market-Southampton