Five People Rescued From Carbon Monoxide-Filled Home in Brentwood

Local News, Press Releases

Suffolk County Police Third Precinct Officers assisted in the evacuation of five people who were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in Brentwood last night.

Brentwood, NY - May 24th, 2014 - Suffolk County Police Third Precinct Officers assisted in the evacuation of five people who were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in Brentwood last night.
 
Third Precinct police officers responded to 232 Brentwood Road after someone inside the home called 911 to report they were having difficulty breathing and that there was a strange smell inside the home. When police arrived, they discovered five adults experiencing symptoms related to carbon monoxide poisoning.  A generator was being operated inside the home.
 
The five victims and two officers were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore and Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip for treatment. The five residents were in serious condition. The Bay Shore Fire Department assisted Suffolk Police.
 
Incident:         Five People Rescued From Carbon Monoxide-Filled Home
Location:        232 Brentwood Road, Brentwood
Date/Time:     Friday, May 24, 2014 at approximately 11:40 p.m.
comments powered by Disqus

Join Our Weekly Newsletter

Sign up for a free weekly newsletter covering things to do, hottest local headlines, and everything Long Island! Read more here or enter your email to signup.

   
     Newsletter Archive
Advertisement
Advertise With Us
 
Open Feedback Dialog