Long Island Marathon Road Closures
By Long Island News & PRs Published: May 01 2014
Multiple roads will be closed for the Long Island Marathon.
Nassau County, NY - May 1, 2014 - The Nassau County Police Department advises the closure of the following roads on Saturday May 3rd
|Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Merrich Ave to Earle Ovington Blvd)||8:00 AM||10:00AM|
|Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Except above)||7:30 AM||10:00 AM|
|Earle Ovington Blvd (Entire length)||8:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Quentin Roosevelt Blvd (South of Commercial Ave)||7:30 AM||10:00 AM|
- Meadowbrook Parkway exits and entrances to and from Charles Lindbergh Blvd. (Nassau Coliseum, Nassau Community College) and Eisenhower Park exits will be closed from 7:45 .M. until 10:00 A.M.
|Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Merrick Ave to James Dolittle Blvd)||5:00 AM||9:30 AM|
|Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Except Above)||7:15 AM||9:30 AM|
|Merrick Avenue (North of Hempstead Turnpike)||7:30 AM||9:45 AM|
|Old Country Road (Post Ave to School Street)||7:40 AM||10:00 AM|
|School Street (Old Country Road to Railroad Ave)||7:50 AM||10:30 AM|
|Salisbury Park Drive||7:50 AM||10:30 AM|
|Railroad Avenue||7:50 AM||10:00 AM|
|Post Avenue (Railroad Ave to Jericho Turnpike)||7:50 AM||10:30 AM|
|Jericho Turnpike (Post Ave to. to Brush Hollow Road)*||7:50 AM||11:00 AM|
|Brush Hollow Road **||7:50 AM||11:30 AM|
|Carman Avenue (Old Country Rd to Nottingham Rd)||7:50 AM||2:00 PM|
|Wantagh Parkway||7:50 AM||3:00 PM|
- Northern State Parkway exits to Post Avenue and Wantagh Parkway will be closed.
- All exits and entrances to and from Wantagh Parkway will be closed
- Meadowbrook Parkway exits and entrances to and from Charles Lindbergh Blvd. (Nassau Coliseum, Nassau Community College) and Eisenhower Park exits will be closed from 5:00 A.M. until 10:00 A.M.
- Eisenhower Park's Park Blvd. will not allow through traffic between 8:00 A.M and 10:00 A.M. The Hempstead Turnpike entrance to the park will be open throughout the day, with a turnaround at the golf course until 10:00 A.M.
* Westbound side of Jericho Turnpike will remain open
** Brush Hollow Road, south of Wantagh Parkway, will remain open.
All road closures are ultimately decided by the Nassau County Police Department. Roads may be closed earlier, may remain closed longer, or may reopen sooner than the times posted here. All times listed are approximate.