LIRR to Provide Additional Service for Start of Passover and Good Friday
Eight Extra Trains Will Run Out of Penn Station April 14 and 18.
Long Island, NY - April 14, 2014 - The Long Island Rail Road will provide additional eastbound service on Monday, April 14, and Friday, April 18 for customers leaving work early in observance of Passover and Good Friday. The railroad will operate a regular weekday schedule with eight additional trains departing Penn Station between 2:08 p.m. and 3:48 p.m. There will be three additional trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch, and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The extra afternoon departures from Penn Station are as follows:
- 2:32 p.m. express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington
- 2:29 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
- 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
Additionally, the 2:52 p.m. train from Huntington to Port Jefferson will originate from Jamaica at 1:46 p.m. on April 14 and 18 only.
The 2:29 p.m. train from Penn Station, due Hicksville at 3:17 p.m. will not operate on April 14 and 18.
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck)
- 3:40 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 p.m. express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway
For additional schedule information, customers should go to www.mta.info/lirr . For up-to-the-minute service info, customers can download the LIRR’s Train Time app at http://web.mta.info/lirr/traintimeapp/ or sign up for LIRR’s free E-alerts at http://www.mymtaalerts.com/LoginC.aspx. Customers can also call 511, the New York State Travel Information line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.