Five People Arrested for Selling Alcohol to a Minor
By Long Island News & PR Published: March 23 2014
Arrests were made in Rocky Point, Middle Island, Ridge, Shirley and Mastic Beach on Saturday, March 22, between 8 PM and 11 PM.
Suffolk County, NY - March 23, 2014 - Suffolk County Police arrested five people after they sold alcohol to minors at several businesses in Rocky Point, Middle Island, Ridge, Shirley and Mastic Beach last evening.
Seventh Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an underage alcohol sting at 12 businesses. Some of the businesses were chosen in response to community complaints while others were randomly selected. Five of the establishments were found to be in violation of the law.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree for selling alcohol to minors:
- Bal Krishan, 52, employed by B.P. Gas, 779 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- Rahat Khan, 25, employed by B.P. Gas, 1470 Route 25A, Ridge
- Muhammed Ayub, 30, employed by Express Deli, 600 Montauk Highway, Shirley
- Saad Aziz, 39, employed by Track Gas Station, 310 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Mohammed Qureshi, 46, employed by Parkway Deli and Convenience, 431 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley
The above people were issued field appearance tickets at the Seventh Precinct and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following seven establishments complied with New York State law and refused the sale of alcohol to a minor:
- Gas Plus, 613 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- B.P. Gas, 367 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- B.P. Gas, 975 Middle Country Road, Middle Island
- USA Gas, 1146 Route 25, Middle Island
- Millennium Gas, 153 Route 25, Ridge
- Citgo Gas, 980 Montauk Highway, Shirley
- Oakwood Deli, 525 Neighborhood Road, Shirley