Press Releases, Local News
By Long Island News & PR
Published: March 22 2016
Emergency responders brought the man to an area hospital after he was electrocuted at the substation.
Glen Head, NY - March 22, 2016 - The Public Information Office reports the details of a serious injury that occurred on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 11:28 a.m. in Glen Head.
According to police, while painting a substation on the eastside of the Long Island Rail Road tracks on Glen Head Road a male 47, came in contact with roof bushings which caused him to suffer an electric shock.
Third Precinct officers, Emergency Service Unit officers, Ambulance Bureau AMT’s and Glen Head Fire Department responded to the scene.
The Glen Head Fire Department utilized their ladder truck to assist Emergency Service Officers as they removed the injured man from the roof and placed him into a waiting county ambulance. He was transported to an area hospital and is being treated for electrical burns.
Advertise With Us