Celebrity Nick Cannon "Takeover" Food Drive to Support Long Island Cares, Inc
By Long Island News & PRs Published: February 21 2014
Nick Canon will "takeover" as principal for a day at the school that donates the most food.
Hauppauge, NY - February 21, 2014 - ATTENTION ALL SUFFOLK COUNTY SCHOOLS: PARTY 105FM Radio has partnered with NICK CANNON (host of America's Got Talent) to bring you the ULTIMATE SCHOOL TAKEOVER TO FEED THE HUNGRY on Long Island! REGISTER HERE for the chance to have Nick Cannon "takeover" your school as Principal on April 11, 2014! How do you win? Be the lucky school to collect the most pounds of donations for Long Island Cares.
Eligibility Requirements and Rules
- Contest is limited to Suffolk County Schools only
- The school to donate the most pounds of food wins the contest
- Only official weights recorded by Long Island Cares will qualify
- All donations must be submitted by April 1st 2014
- Winners will be announced on April 4th 2014
- Nick Cannon will make an appearance at the winning school on April 11th 2014
- Boxes will be delivered to schools within 5 days of the time the school confirms participation.
- Donation pickups will occur between March 28th and April 1st for all schools in need of pickup service
- Schools are welcome to deliver donations to Long Island Cares located at 10 Davids Drive Hauppauge, NY 11788 between the hours of Monday through Friday from 8am and 4pm on or before April 1st.
- Specific information regarding Nick Cannon's appearance at the winning school can be found on the Party 105FM website www.party105.com
About Long Island Cares, Inc.
Long Island Cares, Inc. - The Harry Chapin Food Bank is Long Island's first food bank: serving the hungry on Long Island since, 1980. Long Island Cares brings together all available resources for the benefit of the hungry on Long Island and provides emergency food where and when it is needed, and sponsors a wide variety of innovate direct service programs that help families achieve self-sufficiency. The organization was founded by the late singer, Grammy Award winning songwriter and social activist Harry Chapin in response to the growing issue of hunger on Long Island. It is continued today by his wife and partner Sandy Chapin, a dedicated Board of Directors and talented staff working out of their 35,000 square foot facility in Hauppauge and their storefront hunger assistance centers in Freeport and Lindenhurst. Long Island Cares is a member agency of the Food Bank Association of New York State and Feeding America. Long Island Cares, Inc. is recognized by the NYS Department of Health and the USDA as the regional food bank for Long Island.