Long Island Summer Drinks- Discussion Forum

sstelmach

Long Island Summer Drinks- Discussion Forum

01 Jul, 2013 7:40 p.m.

Summer is here and the parties begin. People are enjoying themselves with some drinks and barbecues. What do you think of the cocktails we put together? What is your favorite summer cocktail to drink? What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage for those hot summer days? Do you have any of your own drinks that you make? We would love to hear from you so let us know here!

CaitR

Re:Long Island Summer Drinks- Discussion Forum

02 Jul, 2013 10:52 a.m.

My new favorite summer drink is a Basil Grapefruit Gin Fizz:

1.5 Ounces Gin
1.5 Cups Tonic Water
A Splash of Grapefruit Juice
Fresh Basil
Ice

Put the basil in the bottom of a glass, and muddle. Place ice in glass, pour gin in, and stir with basil, so it loosens from the bottom of the glass. Fill the glass with tonic water, leaving enough room for a splash of grapefruit juice, Add a splash of grapefruit juice, mix again, and you're good to go!

This drink is really refreshing, without being too sugary, which is why it is one of my new summer favorites.

Christian

02 Jul, 2013 10:53 a.m.

I'm usually not big on mixed drinks, but when it's hot enough out to need something frozen I'll usually start with a pisco base and throw whatever looks tasty into a blender.

sstelmach

02 Jul, 2013 12:31 p.m.

My favorite, and always favorite, is the Sex on the Beach. I like how you can taste the alcohol and yet there is still that sugary and fruity taste of the pineapple and cranberry. It always makes me feel fancy. It is definitely a woman's drink.

blackhawk6164

02 Jul, 2013 2:17 p.m.

Its not a cocktail but the be been loving the shandy beers out now. They're beer and lemonade and great on a hot day.
As far as cocktails I like lemonade and the burneets sweet tea vodka. I've seen a lot of people and bars using firefly but in my opinion the Burnet's is much better and has more of an actual tea taste.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog