support/social group for Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual,Transgender Kids 8-13 years old starting in Bellmore

PrideForYouth

support/social group for Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual,Transgender Kids 8-13 years old starting in Bellmore

19 Jun, 2014 4:28 p.m.

My name is Erin – I am a social worker at Pride for Youth – Long Islands LGBTQ youth resource center located in Bellmore. We are looking to you to assist us with some outreach, as many of you have been instrumental in connecting youth to our services.

We are starting a new program for the summer called Rainbow Kids for 8-13 y/o LGBTQ kids… the information on Rainbow Kids is listed below and I am attaching a flyer. As you may find in your work, at times finding LGBTQ kids 8-13 years old is challenging, so I thought you may be able to disseminate the flyer and info on Rainbow Kids out to your email list/colleagues or children/parents you know who are applicable? The group is open to Long Island and we provide transportation reimbursement, as we are only 2 blocks from the train station. Any help/spreading of the word would be greatly appreciated – feel free to copy and paste the below language into an email or to hand out the attached flyer, or share on social media!! And if you have any questions, please reach out via email or phone. Thank you so much!

Rainbow Kids is a social and support group for children between the ages of 8-13 who identify as Transgender, Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian or Questioning.

Facilitated by a licensed social worker, Rainbow Kids is a 10 week program that meets every Tuesday during the summer from 6-8pm beginning Tuesday, July 1st. Attendance can be weekly, or when you are available. Topics covered include - 'Who Am I?' , Building Friendships, Being a Rainbow Kid, Dealing with School, Getting Out Stress, Talking to Family and more! All activities are age appropriate.

Event information on Facebook here!

We hope you will share this information with anyone caring for an LGBTQ child so they can enjoy the support and fun of Rainbow Kids! Transportation reimbursement provided!

For information please call Erin at 516-679-9000 ext. 17 or email efurey@longislandcrisiscenter.org

agesuele74

Re:support/social group for Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual,Transgender Kids 8-13 years old starting in Bellmore

30 Sep, 2014 9:30 a.m.

Hello I own a Long Island Window Cleaning Company and we would like to support your cause. Can you please send contribution forms (credit card authorization, 501c3 tax info) to our email address info@longislandwindowcleaning.net
Great Work!
Thank you,
Squeegee Nation
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog