2013 Oktoberfest Has Begun on Long Island!
Grab your beer, sausage, and lederhosen for the Long Island festivals going for this Oktoberfest 2013!
Part of enjoying the fall, Long Island enters a worldwide celebration. Oktoberfest is a 16-day festival that is held all over world that began on September 21st goes til October 6th this year. Beginning in 1810 and inspired by Bavarian culture in Germany, the festival has evolved over time. Today's festivals begin with a gun slaute and the tapping of the first keg at noon.
While at an Oktoberfest, you can also enjoy a platora of food items such as, chicken, sausage, roast pork, ham hock, and cabbage.
Oktoberfest is more than beer and food, visitors to fairs like to dress up as well either in Bavarian hats in honor of Bavaria or lederhosen.
There are many Oktoberfest events going on Long Island. Be sure to check out one of the events below before Oktoberfest ends!
- Moriches Rotary Club Hosts Oktoberfest - September 27th-29th
- Oktoberfest ay Saint Patrick School - September 28th
- Oktoberfest at theRIVERHEADPROJECT - October 2nd
- Oktoberfest 2013 at Resurrection Lutheran Church - October 5th
- Oktoberfest at Eisenhower Park - October 5th-6th
- Oktoberfest in Brookhaven - October 19th
- Long Island Locals Extend 2013 Oktoberfest for Heart-Felt Fundraiser - October 19th
- Oktoberfest at the Farm - October 19th-20th
Do you know any other Oktoberfests happening on Long Island? Tell us below and add the events to our Things to Do section!