Rosh Hashannah begins Wednesday evening September 24th through the evening of the 26th. This is a Jewish holiday of celebration of the New Year and is the beginning of the High Holy Days.
Rosh Hashannah is a two day celebration of the anniversary of Adam and Eve's creation. To celebrate the new year, Jewish people would eat apples dipped in honey. This is to ensure that they and their family have a sweet new year.
Because Rosh Hashannah is a day of celebration, many Jewish families like to celebrate the welcoming of the new year with a party. These parties can be made ourselves, but catering leaves everyone open to enjoying their time celebrating with friends and family.
Although Rosh Hashannah is less than a month away, it isn't too early to prepare for the big day!
So, check out the various caterers on Long Island who want to make your new year happy and sweet!
- Messina Market - East Norwich and Manhasset
- Ben's Deli - Various Locations
- Elegant Eating - Smithtown
- Zan's Kosher Catering - Lake Grove
- Kosher Food Emporium - Plainview
- Del-Mir Catering - Syosset
- Majestic Food Services - Woodmere and Bellmore
- Fairway - Various Locations
How are you celebrating Rosh Hashannah on Long Island? Tell us in the comments below!