Long Island beaches are very popular during the summer. Long Islanders luck out. We live on an island surrounded by ocean with the coast made up of many beaches. Although many beaches offer a lot of amentities, some may or may not have the amentities for children. Finding family friendly beaches can be a little difficult, but they are here!
The one main feature of a child friendly beach is a beach playground. Located by the beach, kids can play by the water while the adults go into the water. Playgrounds on the beach can be considered safer because the sand can prevent injury if someone falls.
So, before you go out to the beach with you kids. Consider a beach with a playground and allow your kids to have fun in the sun!
- Sunken Meadow State Park - Kings Park
- Charles E. Ransom Beach - Bayville
- North Hempstead Beach State Park - Port Washington
- Nickerson Beach Park & Campgrounds - Lido Beach
- Smith Point County Park - Shirley
- Short Beach - Nissequogue
- Cedar Beach Brookhaven - Mt. Sinai
- Jones Beach State Park - Wantagh
- Robert Moses State Park - Babylon
- Crab Meadow Park - Northport
Where do you take your kids for beach fun? Tell us in the comments below!