What is the 4th of July known for? Fireworks! But, there are many other ways that the 4th can be celebrated. Particulary kids. Kids on Long Island are lucky enough to have not only fireworks, but events just for them to celebrate the 4th of July.
Probably one of the many lessons that will stick in kids minds is when they learn about the fight for independence. Now, more than ever, the lessons from our pass come up over and over again. It is so important that kids know about the past, so they do not repeat the mistakes that exist in it.
So, have your kids check out all the fun and education events that are going on on the island!
- Always check out the fireworks!
- Fourth of July Wood Stars - Michael's - Bayshore - June 28th
- Fourth of July Concert: Long Island Brass Band - Connetquot Library - July 3rd
- Celebrate 4th of July at Ocean Resturant - Bayville - July 4th
- Southampton 4th of July Parade - Southampton - July 4th
- 1864 Independence Day Celebration - Old Bethpage Village Restoration - Old Bethpage - July 4th
- Bellmore Strider's Independence Day Run - Bellmore - July 4th
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Family Festival - Wading River - July 4th
- For more 4th of July fun, be sure to check out our 4th of July Weekend Guide
How are you and your kids celebrating the 4th of July? Tell us in the comments below!