Fun and Free Summer Concerts for the Whole Family
There are a variety of free concert nights on Long Island - just bring your lawn chair and blankets
For a fun night of music, singing, and dancing, you won't have to spend a penny across Long Island. Instead, load up your car with blankets, beach towels, and lawn chairs and head out to any of these great concert series. This year, there are many concerts in the Smithtown and Lake Grove area. Be sure to call each respective concert group in case of rain, as the only one that will be rain or shine will be the Village of Lake Grove concert series.
Smithtown Library Dennis Cannataro Family Summer Concert Series: This popular series will be held every Thursday evening starting at 8 p.m. on the lawn outside of the Main Branch of the Smithtown Library. Here is the lineup:
- July 10 - Desert Highway (Eagles tribute band)
- July 17 - Strawberry Fields (Beatles tribute band)
- July 24 - Rick Larrimore (Rod Stewart tribute band)
- July 31 - Dr. K's Motown Revue
- August 7 - The Oldies Show - Risky Business
- August 14 - Jimmy Kenny and the Pirate Beach Band (Jimmy Buffett tribute band)
Nesconset Chamber of Commerce Outdoor Concert Series: This concert series has gained quite a following due to the beautiful atmosphere of the gazebo and the nearby Armory park and Nesconset library. All concerts start at 7:30 p.m. at the gazebo across from the Nesconset Plaza. There is a 50/50 raffle at each concert that helps to pay for the festivities.
- July 1 – That 70s Band
- July 8 – Songs in the Attic (Billy Joel tribute band)
- July 15 – Almost Queen (Queen tribute band)
- July 22 – Simply Diamond (Neil Diamond tribute band)
- July 29 – Bon Journey (Bon Jovi and Journey tribute band)
- August 5 – Fleetwood Macked (Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks tribute band)
Fairway Market Lake Grove Summer Concert Series: These concerts will be held at the Smithaven Mall Lifestyle Village, and the new concert lineup is sure to be popular, so be sure to show up way before the 6 p.m. concert time to get parking, sample the delicious food that will be available from the local eateries, and get the best spot to see the band.
- July 3 – 45 RPM
- July 10 – Blue Tourmaline
- July 17 – The Liverpool Shuffle (Beatles tribute band)
- July 24 – Desert Highway (Eagles tribute band)
- July 31 – Songs in the Attic
- August 7 – Killer Joe and the Lido Soul Review
- August 14 – Songs in the Attic
- August 21 – That 70s Band
- August 28 – Badlands (Bruce Springsteen tribute band)
- September 4 – Wonderous Stories
Village of Lake Grove Summer Concerts: The Lake Grove concerts will be held rain or shine, so pack a blanket, towel, chair, and an umbrella if you need one!
- June 22 – Amber Ferrari, 6-8 p.m.
- July 13 – Nicolls Road Band, 7-9 p.m.
- July 20 – 60s Invasion, 7-9 p.m.
- August 3 – True North Travelers, 7-9 p.m.
- August 24 – Blues to Blackstreet Band, 7-9 p.m.
Town of Babylon Summer Concerts: In Babylon, the free summer concerts will rotate between three different parks/beaches.
- June 24 – Paul Joseph Quartet, 7 p.m. at Hermann Griem Park
- June 27 – Big Shot, 7:30 p.m. at Overlook Beach
- July 2 – The Unforgettable Fire (U2 tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 9 – Strawberry Fields (Beatles tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 10 – Paul Joseph Quartet, 7 p.m. at Brennan High School
- July 11 – Dicky Betts and Great Southern, 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 16 – Dr. K’s Motown Revue with Sir Duke, 7:30 p.m. at Overlook Park
- July 18 – Jessie’s Girl with Constantine Maroulis, 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 23 – Get the Led Out (Led Zeppelin tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 25 – Tommy James and the Shondells, 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- July 30 – Bruce in the USA (Bruce Springsteen tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- August 1 – Changes in Latitude (Jimmy Buffett tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Overlook Beach
- August 6 – Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead tribute band), 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
- August 8 – New York Oldies Revue, 7:30 p.m. at Tanner Park
Tanger Deer Park Concert Series: On select Saturday nights at 6 p.m., you can hit up a free show by up-and-coming artists
- June 21 – Before You Exit and Fifth Harmony
- July 19 – Jeff LeBlanc and the Como Brothers (2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Arts in the Plaza at Kennedy Plaza in Long Beach: Every Saturday through October 25, this outdoor arts festival will be open to celebrate handmade creations, and there will also be live musical performances from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For even more free concerts across Long Island, click here.