The International Association of Skateboard Companies will be celebrating its Annual Go Skareboarding Day on June 21st! The goal of this day is to get people out of their homes and making skateboarding a priority for one day.
When it comes to Long Island, there is definitely various groups of individuals who enjoy skateboarding. You will see them everywhere now that summer is here and school is out.
If you are a skateboarder, there are some important rules you have to follow. If you are under the age of 14 using a skateboard in Nassau County, you must wear a helmet. If you do not, the parent or guardian will be fined $50. In Suffolk County, if you are under the age of 17, you must wear a helmet or violators will be fined $50. Wearing a helmet is for your protection because head injuries are very dangerous and sometimes deadly. A helmet might very well save your life.
So, find a fun and safe place to skateboard this summer and, specifically, June 21st:
- Oil City Skatepark - Oceanside
- Inline Extreme Skate Park - Mount Sinai
- Baldwin Skate Park - Baldwin
- Greenport Skatepark - Greenport
- Greenlawn Memorial Park - Greenlawn
- Veterans Park - East Northport
- Montauk City Park Skatepark - Montauk
- Oyster Bay Skate Park - Bethpage
- Manorhaven Beach Park - Manorhaven
- Mastic Skate Park - Mastic Beach
- Town of Riverhead Skate Park - Riverhead
- Red Creek Park Skateboard Park - Hampton Bays
- North Sea Skateboard Park - South Hampton
Where do you like to skateboard? Tell us in the comments below!