Don't Sweat This Summer: Preparing Your House for Summer
The weather has been consistently warm lately and now it is time to prepare the home for the warmer weather. Check out our tips to ...
Now that the weather has been warm for more than one day, we can thankfully put Winter and Spring behind us and head into the summer.
It is no simple task to preparing your home for summer. There are a lot of elements of the home you need to check and double check. Maintain is part of being a homeowner, so following a few tips will help your transition.
So, try some of these helpful tips and get your home ready for the summer!
- Set up Air Conditioners: It might be time to put air conditioners in windows and take covers off ones through the wall. Do it sooner than later. No one wants to install air conditioners when it is 100 degrees outside.
- Maintain Central Air: Over the winter, your central air systems might have had damage or need maintenance. Again, this is another task to do sooner than later as to prevent you from finding out too late that your central does not work.
- Screens in Windows: If you want to save some money on air conditioning, having screens in your windows will help beat the heat while keeping bugs out.
- Clean Gutters: It will rain this summer, so insure your roof is properly maintained.
- Clean Up the Pool: If you have a pool, you are very lucky to have an awesome way to stay cool this summer. Be sure to clean the pool properly for your health and wellness.
- Check Your Pool Fence: For the safety of others, insure the fence around your pool is properly maintained.
- Set Ceiling Fan Down: This helps the air circulate and keep the room colder. Set ceiling fan up during the Winter to get even heating.
- Check to See that Window and Door Seals Are in Good Condition: Caulking and other window and door sealant might be dried out or missing. To keep the cold in, be sure to seal up gaps in doors and windows.
- Set Up Sprinkler System: Your grass and plants need proper watering. Whether it is with an installed sprinkler system or a mobile sprinkler, be sure to have a plan to keep your yard healthy.
- Car Maintenance: Avoid a hot car and damaging your dash, put in sun visor in your car and put it in the window when you are parked in direct sunlight.
How will you keep cool this summer? Tell us in the comments below!