Cruise on Down to This Weekend's Car Shows for a Cause
Community, Charity & Cause, Travel & Local Attractions, Hot Spots & Night Life, Seasonal & Current Events
Show your car or just stop by to check out some sweet rides and support a good cause at these car show events this weekend!
Now that the weather is warming up, take the time to go for a ride and check out a local car show, or even enter one yourself. This weekend is jam-packed with car shows from Nassau to the Hamptons, and includes shows with muscle cars, hot rods, classic cars, imports, and even trucks and motorcycles. Meet some like-minded motorheads, enjoy some car talk, and you may even win a trophy or medal if you happen to have the best ride at the show. Even if car shows are not your thing, these events all benefit Long Island charities and not-for-profits, so go down to check out the vendors and support a good cause.
- New York AutoFest Midsummer Nights Dream Cruise: Drive by Bayville and head to Ransom Beach every Friday this car show season from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. to check out old and new cars, and have fun for the whole family. The cost to enter your car is $5, and spectators can come free.
- St. Paul’s Reformed Church in North Babylon is hosting a combined craft fair and car show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will feature classic cars, and include food and raffles. The rain date for this event is Saturday, May 24.
- The Long Island GTO Club will be at Crab Meadow Beach in Northport for a Charity Car Show and Car-B-Que which will benefit A Mother’s Kiss, a not-for-profit that provides support for families of children with cancer. The car show will be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and admission is $5 per person, and kids under 12 are free. A donation of $20 is required to show a car. There will also be live entertainment, vendors, and plenty of food.
- Long Island Cars is hosting a Car Show and Swap Meet at Flowerfield in Saint James. Owners will be showing off muscle cars, antiques, imports, classics, hot rods, and more from 8 a.m. to 5p.m.. There will be hundreds of vendors, so wear comfy shoes and be prepared to shop. Admission is $8 per person, and children under 11 are free.
- Stop by the North Babylon Street Fair and Car Show at North Babylon High School, which is free for those who want to show their cars and for spectators alike. The event, which is sponsored by Stacks Auto Repair, will also give out three awards for cars: Best in Show, People’s Choice, and Kids’ Choice. Enjoy the event from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., and call now to reserve a spot for your car or club.
- Bideawee Animal Shelter will be in on the car show action with the New York AutoFest Bideawee Car Show, which will take place at the shelter in Westhampton from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is open to all cars, trucks, and motorcycles, and the cost to show a vehicle is $20. Spectators can come for free, and are encouraged to bring their furry friend. There will be free doggy sitting so that owners can enjoy looking at the cars, checking out the vendors, and dancing to the DJ. See some cars, meet some animals looking for homes, and support Bideawee’s adoption programs!
- AHRC in Bohemia will be hosting AHRC Suffolk's 4th Annual Car Show, and welcomes owners of all makes and models to show their vehicles. The cost is $20 to show a car, but spectators are free. The event, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., will also include trophies, raffles, food, and entertainment. All proceeds will benefit the children with disabilities who attend AHRC Suffolk’s Seiff Educare Center.