Cinco de Mayo: Celebrating Mexican Culture
The Mexican-American tradition of celebrating Cinco de Mayo is coming up very soon. Check out the events and places to enjoy and celebrate the Mexican ...
Cinco de Mayo is commonly known as a day of independence for Mexico, but many people do not know the history behind the holiday. Better known as the Battle of Puebla, May 5th is celebrated for the winning of this battle, but it is viewed very differently around the world.
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican-American tradition that was created to commemorate and celebrate the Mexican culture. Developed close to Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is celebrated all over America and even those who are not Mexican can celebrate and learn about Mexican culture.
Long Island has various events taking place on the island to help with your celebration. Be sure to check one of them out!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at Library Cafe - Farmingdale - May 1-5
- Cinco de Mayo Festival - Flushing Town Hall - Flushing - May 3
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration - United Skates of America - Hicksville - May 5th
Additionally, enjoy some Mexican cuisine at the many Mexican Restaurants on Long Island!
- Perfecto Mundo - Commack
- Baja Grill - Smithtown
- Zim Zari California Coastal - Massapequa Park
- Taco King - West Hempstead
- El Coyote Loco - Seaford
How will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Tell us in the comments below!