Creative Long Islanders: Local Art Events
There is a ton of activities you can do on Long Island and, in addition, you can see the creativity of local artist. Check out ...
When one thinks of art, one might think of New York City's art museums. The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) are known for they beautiful artwork, but the museums are a little far for most Long Islanders. Luckily, you can enjoy artwork closer to home!
Many art museums and local art events are on Long Island. Generally, artwork moves around from event to event and even from museum to museum. That is the benefit of going to various museums and galleries during the year. Even schools showcase student artwork at public libraries or in the schools themselves.
You do not need to go far to enjoy artwork, so check out one of the art events and discover the talent that is so close to home.
- Anthony Lombardo and Toby Haynes - Rosalie Dimon Gallery at the Jamesport Manor Inn - Jamesport - Now through April 30th
- Wild Places-The Art of Sandra D. Dwileski - Long Island Children's Museum - Garden City - Now through May 11th
- Picture Perfect: Selections from the Permanent Collection - Heckscher Museum of Art - Huntington - Now through April 27th
- Jackson Pollock's Prints: Works from the Pollock-Krasner House - Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages - Stony Brook - Now through June 8th
- Minutiae - Patchogue Arts Gallery - Patchogue - Now through April 19th
- Jennifer Formica: Flora-Fauna - Islip Art Museum - Islip - Now through March 30th
- Long Island's Best: Young Artists at The Heckscher Museum - Heckscher Museum of Art - Huntington - Now through April 27th
- Elsie de Wolfe and Charles Duveen: Fabulous Interiors, 1915-45 - Coe Hall at Planting Fields Arboretum - Oyster Bay - Now through September 25th
- Antique Chinese Porcelains - Leiber Museum - East Hampton - Now through June 1st
- Library Gallery and Display Case: April - Plainview-Old Bethpage Library - Plainview - Now through April 19th
- Life at Fort Terry: Leisure Time in the Army - Southold Historical Society - Southold - Now Through May 17th
- Juried Photography Exhibition: 33rd Annual - Mills Pond House - St. James - Now through May 4th
Do you enjoy art exhibits? Which do you like to go to? Tell us in the comments below!