From Snow to Sun: Easy Ways to Transition Season to Season
I think everyone on Long Island will agree: we are ready for Spring! We cannot merely jump into the season, so check out some ways ...
Spring begins in the middle of next month, but we should start thinking about what we should do the prepare for the Spring. There is still snow melting and a few more snowy days to come.
There are a few basic things you need to keep in mind when entering the summer: your home, your car, and your health. This winter has been brutal on all three and need to be taken care of for the Spring and for many seasons to come.
So, here are from ways that can help you transition in to Spring:
- Note All Leaks in the House: Maybe you noticed some leaking in the house with the snow. Make note of it for some spring repairs.
- Put the Screens Back into Windows and Doors: The weather is getting nicer so remember to replace the glass in your doors and windows with screens for some fresh air.
- Drain Snow Blowers and Generators: Do not leave gas in your winter machinery. It can deteriorate these items and these items are pricey.
- Chimney Cleaning: Now that the chimney season is done, you should plan on a chimney cleaning to be ready or next year.
- Change Batteries in Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector: You should be changing the batteries once a year for your safety.
- Shift Your Clothing: Start thinking about storage of winter clothing. You will not need to heavy boots when the weather gets warmer.
- Check the Fluids In Your Car: Maybe it was a bit too cold to check your oil levels, windshield wiper fluid, or anti-freeze.
- Get a Car Wash: Although we can all do a great job cleaning our cars ourselves, a good car wash will get your undercarriage cleaned of salt that can deteriorate your car.
- Make Sure Your Are Healthy: Make sure to have your yearly check up and following your doctor's orders.
- Begin to Think About Losing That Winter Weight: Maybe we have packed on a little winter weight. Think about eating a little healthier or even going to a gym.
How you are starting to transition into the Spring? Tell us in the comments below!