Make Valentine's Day Dinner Irresistible with These Romantic Recipes
Valentine's Day is just a couple of days away! It's not too late to find the perfect recipe for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner with ...
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of Panko crumbs
- ¾ grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce (your choice)
- 1 lb. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 24-30 pepperoni slices
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Pound the chicken breasts until they’re about ½ thick.
3. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp. of oil into a large pan and heat it on medium heat
4. Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl and combine the breadcrumbs, panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper into a separate shallow bowl.
5. Place the chicken in flour and dip into the egg mixture until completely coated with crumb mixture.
6. Place in pan until brown on both sides. (2-3 minutes on each side)
7. Cook in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes once sides are browned.
8. While your chicken is cooking, cook noodles on the stove following box directions as well as the sauce you chose.
9. Once the chicken is cooked through, pour about ¼ cup of warmed sauce over the chicken breasts and top with mozzarella cheese and heart shaped pepperoni.
10. Once the toppings are added, put back in oven for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned in some spots.
11. Serve over noodles and sauce and enjoy!
Appetizers & Side Dishes
If you’re interested in going all out for your Valentine, add a few more dishes to the meal as an appetizer or snack while your main course is cooking.
- 6 large potatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- Grounded pepper
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- ½ tsp. paprika (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick spray or use oil.
2. Add 1-2 qts. of water, 1 tbl. Salt to a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
3. While water is boiling, peel potatoes and slice them using a small metal cookie cutter. Make as many small hearts as possible.
4. Cook the potatoes for 3 minutes in simmering water, then drain and let cool slightly.
5. Combine the salt, olive oil, pepper, paprika and caraway seed into a bowl and pour over the potatoes. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes or so.
6. Place potatoes onto the baking sheet and roast them for 20-25 minutes. Broil potatoes for another 5 minutes if your oven has a broiler until they are golden brown.
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 heart cookie cutter
- ½ cup of diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup of grated Monterey Jack cheese
1. Cut out a bunch of tortilla hearts with the cookie cutter (amount depends on the size of your cookie cutter)
2. Mix the chicken and cheese together in a bowl.
3. Top the tortilla hearts with the chicken and cheese mixture then broil in oven or toaster for about 5 minutes. Turn over and broil for an additional minute.
4. Once complete, serve with sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, melted (8 tbsp.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & butter an 8x8 inch pan.
2. For the brownie layer, add melted butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, food coloring and vinegar into a large bowl.
3. Mix in the flour until lightly combined.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan, saving about ⅓ of the batter for the cream cheese layer.
5. For the cream cheese layer, blend the sugar, cream cheese, egg, and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
6. Spread the cream cheese on top of the brownie batter that is in the pan then put the remaining cocoa batter over the cream cheese layer.
7. Swirl through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern using the tip of a knife.
8. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- Strawberries (any amount you would like)
- Nestle chocolate chips
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Vegetable oil
1. Boil water on the stove on medium heat and add chocolate chips.
2. Add about one capful of vegetable oil for each bag of chocolate chips you are melting.
3. Stir chocolate until it is smooth.
4. Hold each strawberry by the stem and dip into the mixture.
5. Place strawberries on wax lined cookie sheet (make sure they are not touching one another)
6. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until chocolate is hardened.